“Dear friends, do you think you’ll get anywhere in this if you learn all the right words but never do anything? Does merely talking about faith indicate that a person really has it? For instance, you come upon an old friend dressed in rags and half-starved and say, ‘Good morning, friend! Be clothed in Christ! Be filled with the Holy Spirit!’ and walk off without providing so much as a coat or a cup of soup—where does that get you? Isn’t it obvious that God-talk without God-acts is outrageous nonsense?” James 2:14-17 MSG
By: Jennifer Mullen
Several of the MOMS have mentioned our Thursday morning bible study group. This semester we are studying Beth Moore’s series James: Mercy Triumphs. I have been blessed so much during this season of my life by meeting with this multi-generational group of women as we look intently in the God’s word. These women have come alongside of me during my battles with postpartum depression, laughed with me about my many strange quirks, taught me to pray, encouraged me with the Word, and shown me what faith lived out really looks like.
It’s that last phrase that I want to camp out on today- ”faith lived out”. James has taught me that saying something and showing it goes hand-in-hand. True faith produces fruit (actions). So, sweet sisters, here is my challenge:
This Thanksgiving let us not merely pay lip service by listing all the things that we are thankful for; let us show it!
Instead of merely thanking God for our blessings, let us take it a step further.
Here are some examples to get you started:
- Are you grateful for your neighbors? Bake them some seasonal bread and include a note of appreciation.
- Do you appreciate the dedication of your pastor(s)? Write them a letter of encouragement.
- Do you enjoy freedom? GO VOTE! Shake a hand of a solider and acknowledge their sacrifices.
- What about your husband? Give him a night off. Send him a text that doesn’t include a honey-do task. Make his favorite meal.
- How about the moms around you who are in the trenches with you? Offer to watch their kids while they have a morning off.
- And how could I forget the kids? Stop cleaning, and rock them!
- You must be a fan of our Mosaic of Moms Facebook page.
- In the comment section on this post or on our Facebook page, share one thing you are thankful for and how you showed it.
- You must be a fan of Diva Designs Facebook page. Go like it now!
- All entries must be submitted by Thanksgiving night, November 22, 2012 at 11:59 CST.
- The winner will be selected via random.org and and be notified by e-mail. If we do not hear back from the winner within 48 hours, a new winner will be selected.
- Must be within the continental United States to win.